Tuesday, February 22, 2011

When a princess asks questions...


She is so young, and yet so wise in ways that blow me away. She has such a simple approach to Jesus. She knows she is a Princess, she is a child of the King! She knows He loves her more than anyone else can and she knows she can go to Him with anything! And she is only six years old.

Over the past few weeks my daughter has really gotten a hunger for God. She is always ready to do a Bible study in the evening or spend a long time just reflecting on Gods love. I always see peices of paper with hearts that say "God" or "Jesus" on the inside and I know it must just make Jesus smile ear to ear!

Along with her love growing for God, her knowledge of how God works and such is growing as well. She is begining to ask questions about those around her who do not have Jesus as their saviour, or to those who believe that all walks of faith lead to God. I have asked all these questions myself in my walk with God, and thankfully due to studying scripture had a few responces for her questions. But I think because Im a "grown up" now I can tend to make things more complicated than they really are.

The one thing I knew was that these questions she had needed to be talked about. There were moments where it almost seemed she wanted to hide away from all those who could hurt her faith. Wow, I have had that feeling many times. She would show fear when I told her that not everyone believes in Jesus, even some people very close to her. But I also talked to her about prayer and how prayer can change things and to also never hide her faith from people when they ask her about it because it may be her that brings them to Christ! I also encourage her to read her Bible, and that together we could find scripture that would help her with her questions. Making sure that she understood that just because one of the people in her life doesnt believe in God doesnt mean we should avoid them! I think thats the last thing we should do! We may be the only Christian in their life. It says in John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."  No matter what! 

We know a lot of angry people.  Even we get angry.  Our world is angry, and a lot of people want to blame all their problems on God.  They curse His name and figure they can do it all on their own because He has never been there for them.  My daughter made an awesome point, God can not really be there for us when we are so angry and blaming Him for everything, God is love!  He fixes our problems, He doesn't create them but He will make them work out for our good if we just trust Him!  Its so simple! 

Jesus says in Luke 18 in verse 16-17 “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.  Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment