Tuesday, March 1, 2011

applying the paint





The kids really love to paint and what better way to pass the time than to make a big colourful mess in the kitchen. 
I love watching them paint.  They all have very different styles of painting, all very unique and I just embrace their uniqueness so much. They have all been created so differently from eachother.  There personalities, their brush strokes are all so their own. 

Tayven is just shy of 4 and has a very whimsical way of painting sometimes, very light and airy sometimes, then he can get very excited and paint fast and crazy.  His drawings can be so simple but he puts a lot of thought into them



Alexis is 6 and has a very good grasp of how to make things look the way they should the best she can.  She gets an idea in her head and she goes for it. She doesnt worry if she messes something up, she just looks for ways to improve it, or says she will remember it for next time.  Sometimes the mistakes we make end up being the reason something works so well.



Zayden who is 2, has a very thick way of painting, the more the better. Layers upon layers upon LAYERS of paint. 

It makes me smile because this is how I think God created each of us.  Very unique, different ways of "applying the paint".   In some places in our spirits we get it thick, and other parts of our personalities we just just a splash of.  

When he began to create the earth, the trees, the water, the dinosaurs, the birds, everything He created He took great joy in and made it all good.

Psalm 139
 13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment