Friday, April 29, 2011

Out of darkness...

‎2 Samuel 22:17-19 He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. (NIV)

 There are days as a Christian, as any human on this earth, who have darker days.  Days that you struggle to make sense of anything. 

I had a dark time while pregnant with my third son.  Severe depression took over my body.  My mental state was scary, we had the Health Unit and Crisis' Teams over more than once.  I remember friends coming over vaugly and reading scripture and praying with me.  But its like a blur.  I felt as though I had lost my communication with God.  I would cry out for his love to rain down on me, but I would never give Him a chance.
Bitterness covered me like a moldy blanket that I didnt want to throw away.
But God got me through.. you know, that Hope we are always talking about.  Its awesome.

Last Autumn, as the leaves were changing from green to orange and red, the smell of fire places warming homes, pumpkins and crisp winds, I had a very frustrating time. I struggled a lot with questions, faith, and I really dislike not having it together in my walk.  When going through these darks times, even times I feel like Ive made a mistake, I have done something horribly wrong trusting Christ.  I am like a baby learning to walk all over again, holding Gods hands.  Learning to trust Him all over again. 
And my faith grew in leaps through it. 

This past week I have witnessed many testimonies of answered prayer...

We financially were expecting to have to pay hundreds of dollars in overdraft fees when payments were due to come out.  I woke up to find our .40 cents balance became over 400.00 from a deposit we didnt even know we were getting from my husbands place of employment.  Twenty minutes later, the payements were taken, including one cheque that we wrote over a month ago for a mere 3 dollars... one that would have cost us 40.00 at the least in overdraft fee's if it had bounced plus fees from the other payments coming out on the banks end and the business' end.   Praise God!  Gods timing is perfect.

Friends of ours had their car stollen.  And was recovered. Praise God!

Our Pastors car was robbed, but they got nothing more than two dollars. Praise God!

Other friends of ours had their power bar blow in their living room while they were sleeping.  This could have been deadly. Sparks roared when they discovered it later on.  Black burn marks evident.  But no fire started. Praise God!

A friend of mines daughter decided to push the screen back in their second floor window, my friend came running out, knowing that if her daughter fell forward she would never make it their in time to grab her.  Instead of falling forward, she was somehow pulled back in.  God did that Im sure of it.  Praise God.

My Mom finally recieved a job that is going to be perfect for her.  She has been waiting paitiently for God to provide her with the right job and it looks like this is the one.
Praise God.

Another friend of mine got approved for a co-op for a house for her and her family.  This will make it more financially stable for her and her child and spouse.  This will mean less stress. Praise God!


Such a love this is. 

 Prayer has been imbedded into all these situations.  These are answered prayers.  Prayers for friends and family, prayers for saftey, for God's amazing power to shine through situations.

And yet through all the amazing testimonies from the week, you can be sure that the enemy is trying to make me doubt God's power and love.  You can put your money on it that I have been tempted to look the other way, make excuses when I know flat out without a doubt God has had his hands on every single one of these situations and many more.

I let things and people get to me 

The enemy is working overtime in our house Im positive. 

God is stronger.  God gave me his Spirit ...therefore I am stronger than these attacks I feel may be presenting themselves because I have Him.

Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes” (Ephesians 6:11)

The devil can make our self esteem drop to 0 within seconds when we listen to him before listening to Holy Spirit within us and listening to what He has to say.   The more we get to know God the easier it is to hear His voice and understand what He thinks is best for us.  If we let the enemy discourage us and just give up, then the enemy wins. 

I am reminded of the song "Our God"
"If our God is for us, then who could ever stop us and if our God is with us, then what could stand against."

No words are more true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment