Tuesday, April 19, 2011

This girl is onto something...

For the past six years I have had the honor to know a beautiful compassionate girl.  I gave birth to her in September of 2004 and she has taught me so much about life, and about God. 
My daughter has got something I have never seen before.  When she was a toddler she would run up to people and hug them when they looked down. It could be a complete stranger.  She has always wanted to share love, love to anyone who she figured needed it. 

Not a lot of people are like that.  They will ask "are you okay?" or "how are you" to hear a responce but not really wait for the person to maybe vent or cry.

But she takes such concern for people.  I remember in kindergarden her teacher would call out the names of people, and she would hear that someone was absent and she would be concerned for their well being.  "Are they sick? What are they sick with?  Are they going to be okay? Is there anything I can do??"

She cannot watch programs about hatred, anger, or sadness.  To watch a National Geographic show about animals even makes her uneasy. To see something, human or animal hurting or in trouble, fills her eyes with tears.  She cannot even watch Americas Funniest Home Videos because "people getting hurt isnt funny to me"

This girl also isnt afraid to share the love of Christ with people.  She has gone to neighbours who have been hurting and told them to come with her to Church and learn about Jesus.  She has done Show and Tell in her school and done songs about Jesus .  She will highlight in her Bible, she prays I think the hardest in our home. She has witness so many of her prayers answered.  Her faith grows everyday. She hurts for those who have no faith, who dont know Gods Love.  She will come to me with epiphanies about God, she talks about Him like a friend.  And she doesnt hold any of this in. 

She has zero tolerance for hate.  She feels bad for the innocent, and she feels worse for the guilty. 

And you know what breaks my heart, is the fact that adults in her life have smurked behind her back or critizied her about her sensitivity...she has been picked on at school.  Sometimes I have wanted to homeschool her, or put her in a Christian school... but I think she needs to be where she is.  I think she is going to change lives.  People, including Christians have been afraid for her because she is so out there with her faith.  One time putting another person in their place who was severley bashing her beliefs...did I mention she is six? 

"He says He is the way, NO ONE comes to the Father except through Him.  He loves us all so much, He's the easiest friend to have!" 

She knows Gods love on another level.  She wants everyone to know Christ's love.  And the power He gives us, right inside us, all the time.

I think she could very well help a lot of saddened people ... she will reach out more than I think I ever have.  She talks to people about her faith more than I ever have.  She doesnt have that fear I guess that I have developed over time. Persecution anyone?  She steps out of her comfort zone with it when she feels its needed. 

When her father and I were discussing names for her we both said automatically simuntaniously "Alexis" Her name means "Helper and Defender of mankind"

"Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it."  Luke 18: 16-17

2 comments:

  1. :) she is such a sweet compassionate little girl :)

    She comes by it naturally Candace :)


    xo Tanya

    ReplyDelete