Monday, May 9, 2011

I am far from being God

This morning as I am performing my housewife duties (and I mean this in a wonderful way, I adore being a housewife, may not be the best, but God is helping me in this) I was listening to Jesus Culture and their song Where You Go I'll Go and just cleaning away.  My youngest started to hit the keyboard and it stopped the song.  I got a bit flustered and frustrated and I got angry.  Not over the top angry, but I think I could have handled it better.  I started to laugh seconds later because I was like "That wasnt something Jesus would have done I dont think."  And the song is stating that as a believer "Where You go I'll go, what You say I'll say God, and what You pray I'll pray." 

Jesus only did what God told Him to do.  They are two in the same.  And they have a continuous relationship that is open.  When Christ died for us and upon accepting this amazing feat, we too are given that open relationship with God through the Holy Spirit that is poured upon us.  We have a direct line to God for everything.  And with that, I think that we should be going to Christ for everything.  Trusting Him with everything.  As humans we are bound to be struggling each day with at least one thing, and in those moments, weather it be with home situations, work situations, relationships, money etc, we should be going to God with these questions because God is always going to do what is best for us.  And whatever He shows me to do or say, I should be saying it because I know its best for me. 

God is never going to give us His second best.

Even though I have the Holy Spirit, and therefore God within me, I could argue that I am always going to know what is right, but I am far from being God myself, if  I were God I would have no issues what so ever, Christ would not have had to come and die for me and I would be committing something I think is very dangerous and so far off scripture and bringing Jesus down to a level I dare never bring Him too.  Im still human and still have error so I think in all honesty I can not fully trust my judgement that everything I think is right is best for me... following me here??  I still always have to be continuously going to God.  And thankfully when I do make mistakes (which we all do daily!) then when I die and go before judgement before God, I will be covered with the blood of Christ and will be seen as perfect before Gods eyes.  Thank You Jesus.

  1 Peter 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.

I think about the fruit of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22-23 (Amplified Bible)

But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].
 
This is what I pray for.  That I would continously be able to practice these things.  They are all amazing attributes to have I think that totally show Christs unfailing Love. 
 
Continuously in prayer and I dont mean spending all my time sitting on my couch with my eyes closed praying, we can pray to God anywhere, before we answer our phone, before we log onto Facebook, before we go to make dinner, everything!  Just a quick "hey Jesus I wanna talk to you about something.."  I love that we can do that!!!  And He loves to have this relationship with us! Makes me all happy inside :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment