Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spiritual Milk

Today we had a guest speaker at our Church, and wow its was a great message.  I was jotting down notes and I cant wait to dig into the word again and just suck it all up and enjoy what God has written in this amazing book we call the Bible. 


He was talking for a moment about craving God like spiritual milk.  I have heard this before, and as a breastfeeding mother... a breastfeeding mother for the past 4 years straight, I know all about milk.  LOL


1 Peter 2:2 talks about this :
Like newborn babies, you must crave pure spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation. Cry out for this nourishment


I thought about it really hard today, really let that thought sink in my head.  How easy it is to not crave what God says is right, but what the world says is right.  I know looking at the way the world has really gotten away from God, I dont want to be at her breast.  I need that pure spiritual milk that only comes from Jesus.  The words that will nourish my soul, the attitudes that will reflect how He is. 


When he was speaking I thought immediatly of our two year old son Zayden and how he is still very much in love with breastfeeding and if he had it his way he would be hanging off me all day long.  He will find any way possible to get his milk.  Just watch this video and see for yourself .. no worries, theres nothing exposed. Im fully clothed but just watch how crafty he has gotten to obtain what he loves.....



He really tries with such conviction sometimes.  Its his comfort, it is his nutrients.  I thought to myself, even when he is told that he cant have it, he will still fight for it.  I wonder if there are people seriously craving the word of God but because the world says its wrong to have the spiritual milk of God, or says there are other ways to be with God,  they wean themselves from the idea, and walk away feeling forever that something is lacking...that hunger.  We need to fight sometimes to be close to God while surrounded by things that try and pull us away, we need to fight for Him.  He did not give us a Spirit of fear.  He gave us His Spirit of such goodness.  Its awesome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment