Tuesday, June 14, 2011

..Empowering wives to joyfully serve.

“Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.” Ephesians 5:22-24
I have written this scripture out more online in groups I belong to and been totally blasted for my views on a womans role in a household. Certain groups cautiously messaging me that I "do not need to be a slave to man.  I can be a working woman I dont need to fold laundry all day." 

The world just doesnt see it like this anymore.  There is few homes these days that I know of that the woman is able to stay home and take care of house and child.   The world has turned topsy turvey, thinking things have to be a certain way.  Whatever happened to "the good old days"..well money happened, the loss of God in society has happened.. but thats another post.  It is very hard for a lot of families to have one income.     

Scripture goes onto say in verses 25-30

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her  to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.  In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.  After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— for we are members of his body."


To me this is beautiful.

I am not a woman who has chosen a career because my husband has chosen that path and this is one of the ways how he supports our family.  We are never rolling in riches, but God has provided for us everything we have ever needed.  I have felt called to be a stay at home Mom to our three beautiful children, and a "housewife".  I love that I get to do this.  It is something that by relying on God, we are able to do joyfully.  Am I the best housewife?  No,  and even as I write this I see all around me a million things that need to be done.  But what I do I do for my husband and my God.  I pray eachday that I would get better and better at serving in my home.  There is a balance, a beautiful God given balance.  Tuesday's  I hope to blog about these adventures in joyful homemaking and being a happy helper in my home.  Hoping to share a perspective. 

Today and every Tuesday, Time-Warp Wife invites bloggers to link-up any blog posts that will encourage women to joyfully live out their roles as wives and keepers of their homes.

1 comment: