Saturday, October 1, 2011

Can we show some LOVE?


When are us Christians going to stop hating on people?  When are Christians going to stop picking and choosing who they want around them, who are going to witness Christ's love and possibly ask "hey, how can I get some of that?"

I don't know all the politics of Church, I don't know or care to know about all the angry protests from Christian people who flash their angry signs at groups of people who offend them.  I just know its wrong and not what Jesus would have done.   I follow Jesus Christ, not a religion.  Jesus calls us to love and follow Him..Thats what my purpose is in Him- to love Him and show His love to others.

I sit her just in tears tonight over once again another follower of Christ who has shown an attitude that is not of Christ.  Its hit local media and people are very upset.  When is it going to stop?  When are we just going to love people because that's what Christ asks us to do?  We are to love others as He loves us! And that's a LOT.  He loves you and I more than anyone could possibly love us!
If every single person on the face of this earth loved you to the point that they couldn't love any more Jesus still loves you more!   please remember that.  


You know, the people who are basically loving on people to the point of no return who aren't even followers of Christ are doing a much better job than some of us, and our God is LOVE!!!!!!!!!!


I'm not saying that all Christians are horrible angry judgemental people because a majority of us aren't, we aren't perfect, but no one is.   I attend a Church where everyone just loves on everyone, its beautiful. You walk in and you feel love!  But lets face it, that's not what the world see's as how the church body opperates. Media is going to show the horrible, bad mistakes we make and THAT'S how society is going to see followers of Christ as.  These people are not going to say "hmmm maybe the media is wrong, and the links are wrong about how horrible Chrisitan's are, I should go check it out for myself."

I hardly think that's how its going to happen.

We are supposed to live a life that is blameless, we are supposed to be walking like Him 24/7.  


For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  John 3:16


"And He is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" 1st John 2:2 



If we are going to act like Jesus we need to think like Him too.  The next time we want to shut out  someone, or judge them we need to say "God loves that person... and I need to love them too"

No comments:

Post a Comment