Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"Why I Hate Religion but Love Jesus" - video

I found this video on my feed on Facebook today through a page I "like".
I watched it and was in near tears just agreeing with this guy, over and over again.
I wanted to share it if you havent seen it.  This is how I see Christ.
I have a relationship, not a religion.  I seek the one who will always be there to help me.  Its like calling a friend across the road... thats not religion.  I dont follow a set of rituals..while I know there are things Jesus would rather me not do for the good of myself or others - kill, hate, envy etc... these are things a parent would teach a child (we'd hope).  My father in heaven loves ME for ME and wants to be with me every step of the way in my life.  THATS who Jesus is to me.  Thats my God.  I hate denominations, I hate religious arguements and I have had a few of them myself that I regret terribly, but the more and more I grow in Christ and He covers my weaknesses, I learn that all Jesus wants us to do is LOVE like He loves.  He loves everyone...especially the ones who no one else bothers to love.  Thats who Christ is. 
Thats who I stand by.

No comments:

Post a Comment