Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The habit of seeking Him

I often read a lot.  Too much maybe?  I read about Bible history, I read my Bible a lot, different denominational views of things, early Christian writings, opinions, thoughts, epiphanies.  I read and search.

I think with myself as well as many others I am just trying to see who I fit in with most.  Sometimes I feel as though some others just don't see Christ the way I do.  I don't always share my views with many, only because I am afraid my view would be wronged by others and they would make my Jesus "small."  I think this is in itself the reason why there are so many different buildings and church denominations to begin with?  Everyone seeking to make their Christ work and sometimes we just don't always agree.

I look back at how I have done this to others.  I feel guilty about it.  I have really come to a place where I really have come to embrace different ways to Christ, however I have never fully found a group of people who see Christ exactly the way I do.  My husband and I in fact have very different ways to approach Christ.  The Bible speaks to us quite differently about the Word of God who is Jesus.  We know one thing for sure, He came for us, to die for us and save us and gives us new life.  He seeks a relationship with us and loves us more than we could ever love Him back.

We attend a church filled with people all from different backgrounds, upbringings all hungry for Christ. I bet we all have different ways of approaching and being in fellowship with our God.

But to approach Him humbly, to say "I don't understand all Your ways.  But I pray that as You guide me with the Holy Spirit that I will come to go deeper into relationship with You."

This is a habit I think so vital.

I do not think He gets upset if our opinions are different, as long as we are seeking Him.

This is a habit I crave.  To get up each morning, and seek Him.  When I wake up in the middle of the night to feed a hungry baby, to listen for Him.  In each step embrace His guidance, not worrying if I am wrong or not.

I have messed up, been confused, and yet, He has always shown me it has to be about Him.  Just being still and knowing its not ever about me.  But Himself in us, His light shining forth.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you totally. We have to approach God in our own way - we were made by Him and we can approach Him as He made us. But we all know Him as our Lord and Saviour - that is the important part.
    I love this:
    But to approach Him humbly, to say "I don't understand all Your ways. But I pray that as You guide me with the Holy Spirit that I will come to go deeper into relationship with You." That is lovely.
    Linking in from Ann's blog.
    Blessings,
    Janis www.janiscox.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful journey - seeking Him with Him by our side. I've traveled your road, understand your individual voice speaking from the community. I pray joy and confidence to as you move through each life stage, always growing in wisdom and opening to the Lord. In Christ, Tobi @ http://favoredonewrites.com/ (linking from Ann's blog)

    ReplyDelete